The winger has thrived since moving from the Emirates Stadium to Roma in 2013, though he is upset that he left north London without ever reaching his full potential
Former Arsenal winger Gervinho claims that Arsene Wenger never had any faith in him during his time with the Gunners.
The Ivory Coast international moved to the Emirates Stadium in 2011 from Lille in a transfer worth £10.5 million, though he struggled to establish himself in north London, scoring nine goals in 46 Premier League appearances.
His struggles led to his departure after just two seasons in England, with Rudi Garcia moving to sign his former player for £8m following his departure from Lille and subsequent appointment at Roma.
The 27-year-old has thrived at the Stadio Olimpico, scoring 14 goals in 50 outings for the Serie A side, and he feels that Garcia's belief in him compared to Wenger has been the main reason behind his return to form.
"Wenger never had faith in me," Gervinho told The Sun. "Garcia does not differentiate between those who play and those who don't. For a player that is important.
"He doesn't speak more to you because you play and less with me because I don't.
"For him there aren’t only 11 players; there are 25 players. Everyone has the same level, gets treated the same and gets spoken to in the same way."
Despite his struggles with Arsenal, Gervinho does not reflect on his time under Wenger as a failure, though he is disappointed that he never reached his best during his time in the English capital.
"I dreamed of playing for them, I loved them since I was a child," he continued. "I don't detest Arsenal because of the way Wenger treated me.
"My frustration is I quit Arsenal too soon. I left a club I loved without really showing how good I was. I am happy I went there and was able to work with Wenger - I never thought I'd quit after just two seasons."
Find us on Youtube
Join us and earn money !
Find Us On Facebook
Translate
Articles les plus consultés
-
Le milieu de terrain et capitaine de Barcelone, Andrès Iniesta s'est montré élogieux envers son attaquant, Neymar. Neymar s'es...
-
Pour Ilkay Gundogan, la deuxième période du BvB face à Padeborn lors du nul 2-2 concédé samedi est la pire de l'Histoire en Bundes...
-
The Chelsea manager hit out at the Hammers' "19th-century" football after a goalless draw at Stamford Bridge in January, b...
-
The usually no-nonsense coach was in festive mood as a number of lucky supporters seated around the Old Trafford dugouts received gifts ...
-
The Barcelona forward will not face any sanction despite the emergence of footage purportedly showing him moving his mouth towards t...


Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire